Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Time Life: Cooking of the British Isles
- 1⁄4 cup bottled horseradish (drained and squeezed dry in a towel)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry English-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to tastes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (or to tastes)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- In small bowl combine first 6 ingredients.
- Beat cream with mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form when lifting up mixer or whisk from bowl.
- Pour horseradish mixture over cream.
- With rubber spatula fold together lightly but thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust salt/pepper to tastes.