Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Southwest spin on the old spinach dip, this one from scratch. A real crowd pleaser, great anytime and easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) packet cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon instant bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, thin sliced (include 1/2 green ends)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon habanero pepper, dried, ground
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and well drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 serrano peppers or 2 green chilies, seeded
- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 2 hours ahead of serving: Drain spinach well in a colander.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- Check dip to see if it may need a little salt.
- Adjust seasoning if it is too wimpy, by adding a little more habanero or chili powder.
- Serve in a hollowed out bread round with a couple of hot peppers on the top so guests will know it is hot!