Sam Saguaro's Note:
A Southwest spin on the old spinach dip, this one from scratch. A real crowd pleaser, great anytime and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) packet cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chile powder
- 1 tablespoon instant bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, thin sliced (include 1/2 green ends)
- 1/8 teaspoon habanero pepper, dried, ground
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and well drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 serrano peppers or 2 green chilies, seeded
- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 12 hours ahead of serving: Drain spinach well in a colander.
- 2Mix all ingredients well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- 4Check dip to see if it may need a little salt.
- 5Adjust seasoning if it is too wimpy, by adding a little more habanero or chili powder.
- 6Serve in a hollowed out bread round with a couple of hot peppers on the top so guests will know it is hot!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoppin' Habanero Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 224.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant bouillon granules
round sourdough loaf