Recipe by Kay D.
This is supposed to be a copycat of the sauce served on Hooter's Hotwings. I've never been in a Hooter's (and won't ever be)so I don't know how authentic the taste is, but these are quite tasty on hot wings, deep fried plain or breaded either one works nicely with this sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Tabasco sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Simply mix all the ingredients together very well.
- Dunk, dip or soak your cooked wings in this sauce.
- For a change of pace, I will occasionally re-fry the wings after they've been sitting in the sauce, and then dunk them again once they've spent just a few seconds in the deep fryer, crisping up.
- Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing, or whatever you prefer.