Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delightful side dish to a brunch dish or a good summer dessert. It must sit for several hours after preparation before serving.
- 4 cups fresh fruit, cubed (melon, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, etc. , your choice)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup lavender honey or 1⁄4 cup other flavored honey
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a medium boiler, bring the wine, honey, mint, lemon juice and zest of one lemon to boil along with the cinnamon stick.
- Once this begins to boil, remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool slightly (about 15 minutes).
- Remove the cinnamon stick and pour the liquid over the fruit mixture.
- Stir well to coat and place the fruit mixture in the refrigerator.
- Allow this to sit for several hours, or overnight before serving.