Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy versatile breakfast, snack, or dessert dish that's healthy too! The plain non-fat yogurt makes it a little tangy, which I love, but you could always use vanilla yogurt.It's very quick, easy, and kid friendly. My three year old loves it.
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (I like Nancy's, it's less sour)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup banana, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons nuts, coarsely chopped (walnuts, pecans,almonds,cashews)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix together in the serving bowl yogurt and splenda or sugar. Unless you like it really tangy, then don't add any sweetner.
- Sprinkle yogurt with banana, then nuts.
- Drizzle honey over top of the nuts.
Really tasty. I used a Balkan (thick) yogurt with no sweetener added. I like the bite it gave and agree with another reviewer that adding any sweetener into the yogurt would have been overkill for me too. I used walnuts and local honey for a quick snack I would make again.
Reading this at midnight and it sounded so good I just got up and made it. Eating it now and is very yummy. No sugar, I find the honey makes it sweet enough. Any sweeter would be overkill for me. Thanks for a guilt-free midnight snack idea! But will likely eat for breakfast in future.
Yummy! I used a low carb vanilla yogurt, omitted the Splenda & used about 1 tsp chopped almonds. Next time I might try using granola! I drizzled honey on the top; didn't really measure it. Also, I think I'll mix some sugar free strawberry preserves into the vanilla yogurt for some more flavor. Very yummy! A great snack...thank you for sharing!