Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful topping for salmon or prawns, rice, beans, with chips or all by itself. This salsa is mild, so if you prefer more heat, go right ahead and add it. I prefer honeydew but use your own favorite melon.
- 1 1⁄2 cups honeydew melon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, diced (for additional flavor, lightly oil and grill the pineapple before cutting it up)
- 1 teaspoon serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar or 1 tablespoon other fruit vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Combine melon, pineapple,chile and onion; whisk oil, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and honey; pour over fruit mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Use within 24 hours.