Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious Mexican fruit drink, that could easily work with any type of melon.
Make and share this Honeydew Horchata recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the honeydew in half and scoop the flesh, seeds and liquid into a blender.
- Add a couple tablespoons each of the lime juice and sugar, along with the 2 cups. water.
- Blend until very smooth, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Add more lime juice and sugar to your taste now.
- Serve immediately over ice, or refrigerate up to a couple hours before serving.
Wow, I loved this drink, It was incredible. I so enjoyed the flavor and texture of this drink. Raw drinks are my favorites. I will be making this one again and again. thanks so much for sharing...Made for Summer 09 - Comfort Cafe...:)
This is really refreshing and good. I made this more than once and it is 5 stars with local unpasteurised honey (I have also had it with sweetener left out all together which was healthy and still yummy!), I don't intend to add the sugar since it is unhealthy and maybe GMO too!!! I don't add the seeds as I know they would not have blended in right. I may make this again but I must stress use only a very ripe honeydew. Originally made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME.
This was absolutely and positively scrumptious. The lime juice really enhanced the taste of this drink. To give it a slight cocktail feel, I used half fresh-squeezed lime juice and half Rose's Lime Juice. And it was so delicious. I really enjoyed every last sip of this drink. Thanks for sharing, Midwest Maven. Made for 2009 Zaar World Tour #5.