Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Simple to put together and tastes wonderful.
Make and share this Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast (or one packet)
- Put into bread pan in the order suggested by your machine's manufacturer: Set the machine for the regular white bread cycle, and if you can adjust the darkness, you don't want this to get too dark.
- If you prefer a softer crust, easier to slice for sandwiches, then as soon as you take it out of the pan, put it right into a large plastic bag, and close tightly.
- The hot bread will steam the crust and make it very soft.
Excellent bread. I served it warm last night with butter, which was a hit and made french toast from the leftovers this morning - also wonderful.
This is very good bread, and you don't even have to make it yourself. Since ThatBobbieGirl just got 2 new bread machines for Christmas I'm sure she won't mind making a loaf for you!
I love this bread. I have been making it for my household once a week for the past 4 weeks. It is excellent. I love that it doesn't have a lot of sugar and no dairy- yet it still turns out soft and chewy. I've been out of rolled oats and have substituted oat bran which has made it light and fluffy. EXCELLENT!