Recipe by PCrocker
A honey glazed cereal mix that is great for holiday gifts.
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I adore this mix!! So nice to have a change from the traditional, salty, snack mix. I have a hard time not eating it all. FANTASTIC! I usually use 8 cups of Crispix cereal so that I get both corn and rice without having to buy two boxes of cereal. I've learned the hard way it is important to bake it in 2 shallow pans rather than one large one like traditional chex mix. Also, this mix is crisper and more flavorful once it has cooled *completely*. It's best to make it the evening before you need it if possible.
- 1182.95 ml Rice Chex or 1182.95 ml Corn Chex
- 709.77 ml small pretzels
- 473.18 ml pecan halves
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In large bowl combine cereal, pretzels, and pecans.
- In microwave melt butter and combine with honey.
- Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture; stir until well coated.
- Spread onto 15x10-inch jelly roll pan and bake for 10 minutes; stir.
- Continue baking for 15 minutes or until cereal is glazed and honey mixture is absorbed.
- Immediately place snack mix on waxed paper; cool.
- Store in tightly covered container.