Recipe by karen
The owner of the company I used to work at sent everyone a 5 lb box of Vidalia onions every year. This was included on a recipe brochure one year from the farm. I was surprised at how much I liked them, and they are healthy too.
Top Review by Paka
My DH loved this, especially with the hot peppers! I think I'll cut the honey by 1/2, it seemed to override the flavor of the original vidalia which is basically sweet in nature. The red pepper is a must! It gave the tongue teasing sweet/hot flavor. thanks.
- 2 large vidalia onions
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel onions and cut in half crosswise.
- Place onions, cut sides down, in an 8 inch square baking dish, drizzle with water. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine honey and remaining ingredients.
- Turn onions over. Brush half of the honey mixture over the onions.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes or until tender, basting with remaining honey mixture after 15 minutes.