Recipe by CarolAT
I found this great recipe on the package of my fresh cut butternut squash. It looked yummy so I had to try it. The flavor of the roasted squash and apples with the crunch of the pecans is fantastic. This is a great way to get your family members to eat their veges. Enjoy.
Top Review by Debbwl
Sweet treat of a side. We really enjoyed the pecans being mixed in with the roasted squash. Made with out adding the two tablespoons of water and am glad I left the water out. This was so sweet that next time may cut the butter and honey each by a tablespoon each. Thanks for the post.
- 1 lb butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium baking apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed squash and apple in an 8'x8' baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons water and roast uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter, honey, pecans, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Remove squash from oven, and pour honey mixture over squash. Stir lightly to coat.
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and serve.