I always have wonderful results with this muffin recipe, they have a wonderful texture, and rise really nice and high, I think you'll agree when you try them, they are wonderful bran muffins!
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml liquid honey
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml 100% all-bran cereal (Nabisco is the one I use for this)
- 236.59 ml raisins (or dates)
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml firmly-packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- If the raisins are hard, let them sit in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl comine milk and vinegar; set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg with a fork.
- Blend in oil, honey, vanilla and soured milk.
- Stir in the 100% bran cereal and raisins to the milk/vinegar mixture, along with the honey/oil mixture; stir to combine; set aside for 10 minutes to soften the bran.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; stir in to liquid mixture stirring JUST until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins (filling almost to the top).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done.