Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I noticed quite a few variations on poppy seed dressings. I thought I would add my own. This is great on poultry or salads.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning (or salt if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Heat the honey in the microwave for a few seconds to warm.
- Pour honey into a medium to large glass jar.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and shake well to combine.
I made this to go with a spinach salad with chicken, almonds and strawberries. It was lovely. I will definitely make this tangy dressing again-it would go great over a green salad with mandarin sections, red onion and candied pecans, too!