Recipe by MarraMamba
This is a sweet sauce for those who like sweet stir fries
Top Review by kbt215
This was delicious, I will definitely make it again. I added some red pepper flakes, because we like it spicy, and substituted asparagus and carrots for the red pepper and snap peas (as that was what I had on hand). I also sprinkled on some cashews before serving, which worked very well. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, chopped
- cooked rice or noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the diced pepper and snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender-crisp.
- Add the shrimp; stir-fry just until shrimp turns pink (about 1 minute).
- Add the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in the green onions.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.