Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a sweet sauce for those who like sweet stir fries
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, chopped
- cooked rice or noodles
- Combine all the sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the diced pepper and snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender-crisp.
- Add the shrimp; stir-fry just until shrimp turns pink (about 1 minute).
- Add the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in the green onions.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
This was delicious, I will definitely make it again. I added some red pepper flakes, because we like it spicy, and substituted asparagus and carrots for the red pepper and snap peas (as that was what I had on hand). I also sprinkled on some cashews before serving, which worked very well. Thanks for sharing!
Very simple and very good, made exactly as directed. Lovely flavours, my husband especially loved this. Thank you, made and enjoyed for International Agents of QUEST, China Region
Me and my family love this recipe! We've made it with chicken and beef too, but shrimp is the best! It's VERY sweet though, so you must have a sweet tooth to enjoy it. Don't skimp on the shrimp or it will be even sweeter. The sauce is very thick and I have never had to alter this recipe :-)