Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Good dish to please people with. DH loves it, friends & family love it, finally getting around to posting. There are several recipes for Orange Glazed Chicken out there, but this one uses the chicken in bite-size pieces like you would get at a Chinese restaurant rather than a glazed chicken breast recipe. I also have the luxury of having one of those electric fry-grill pans from HSN and that is what I use every time I make this. Serve over white or brown rice or egg noodles. Sometimes I even stir-in fresh broccoli florets that I've steamed while the chicken in simmering. Prior to serving you could sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Top Review by Pam Z.
YUMMMMM... tastes like General Tso's - I added extra garlic powder & extra honey... also added in some apricot jam for the heck of it. Delicioso! TY I will be making this quite often! I made the crispy version so was fried first, made it for company and everybody loved it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chili sauce, orange marmalade, mustard, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon melted butter, sugar and honey together in bowl and set aside as a glaze.
- Fry chicken (already cubed or cut into bite-size pieces) in butter over medium heat in large skillet or electric frying pan. Cook until browned on both sides then fold in glaze mixture and coat chicken well cooking an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat & simmer, uncovered, about 10 more minutes, basting occasionally until chicken is tender. ** If you like chicken crispier, cook at higher heat and about 5 additional minutes **.
- Serve over white or brown rice or egg noodles.
- ** Note: If you like crispy chicken, you could first coat the chicken pieces in flour & deep fry them in oil - drain on paper towel - then return them to a skillet & coat with glaze mixture and cook as above.