Yummy Honey Oat Bread that can be made into rolls. My Neighbor gave me the recipe.
Make and share this Honey Oat Bread - Harriet Lewis recipe from Food.com.
- Pour the 4 cups of warm water into your mixer bowl. Add the 3 tbs of yeast. Let sit untill foamy.
- Add:1/2 cup oil and1/2 cup honey.
- Add and mix in: (knead with dough hook about 15 mins.) 9 cups high gluten flour and 2 1/2 cups quick oats and 4 tsp salt.
- Turn out on a floured surface. Form into a smooth "blob" and cut into 4 semi-equal pieces. Form into 4 balls and cover with dish cloth. Let rise about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Punch down and form into loaves and or rolls. Put on lightly greased pans. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins (loaves) or 20 mins (rolls).
- Butter tops if desired.