Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
Salmon is my favorite "meat" and maybe my favorite food on earth. Since it's also good for you, I try to eat it at least a couple times a week. Grilled with this marinade is one of my favorite ways. If you have more fish and more than 3 people to feed, increase the amount of marinade. The preparation time is basically the marination time.
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (light or lower-sodium soy sauce is OK)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 salmon or 2 -3 tuna steaks (1-1½ lbs)
- Combine the honey mustard, soy sauce, vinegar and oil in a large ziplock plastic bag.
- Add the salmon and seal the bag, turning to make sure pieces are coated on all sides.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill over hot coals 5-7 min.
This just did not do it for me!! I'm not a great fish eater but I do like to try fish recipes sometimes. I used salmon steaks and I grilled them for 8 min and they came out a bit too shushi like for me. It was kind of mushy rather than cooked. A little longer cooking for me I guess. Not a bad recipe but just not that good for me.
Yummy Yummy Yummy! I usually don't like tuna steaks but this was good!
Made this with albacore steaks and loved it. Grilled it with no flare-up problems from the marinade. A keeper.