Recipe by BecR
A soothing blend of fresh ginger and lemon with honey. Serve hot.
Top Review by loof
What a delightful and soothing tea! Ginger, honey and lemon are a wonderful combination; I used decaf tea and enjoyed every sip. Thanks for posting your recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe Event, January 2010
- 2 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1/4 - inch thick slices
- 4 cups fresh cold water
- 2 herbal tea bags
- 1 lemon, juice of, large
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered saucepan, bring the ginger and water to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the tea bags, cover and let steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea, discarding the tea bags and saving the ginger for reuse.
- Add the lemon juice and honey to taste, reheat and serve hot.