Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr 52 mins
Rocky Mountain news wednesday spotlight
- 8 lbs fully cooked bone in ham shank
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- preheat oven to 325.
- if ham has a skin peel it and try and leave 1/8 inch of fat.
- score ham by cutting diagonal lines 1/8 inch deep crisscrossing over ham.
- transfer to foil lined pan and set aside.
- whisk honey, mustard, and cloves together and brush all over ham.
- pour oranges with liquid over ham.
- bake 14 minutes per pound basting every 15 minutes.
- let stand 10-15 minutes cut and serve.