Crock Pot Honey Ham (Oamc)
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 1 kg fully cooked deli ham
- 40 whole cloves, divided
- 8 tablespoons honey, divided
- Cut ham in equal halves.
- Stick 20 whole cloves into each half.
- You can cut a diamond pattern first if you want, and stick one clove into the center of the diamond.
- Place each ham into a Ziploc bag and freeze until ready to use.
- If desired, defrost one ham the night before you wish to make it (I will often make it right from frozen, but most people argue that this is not safe).
- Place 4 tbsp of honey over one ham before cooking and cook on high for about 3 hours or on low for 6 hours, Increase cooking time if making from frozen.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for second ham.
Questions & Replies
This is a great, simple recipe. I used it at Christmas for 2 separate get togethers and I had compliments each time. I loved that it was made in the crockpot and freed the oven up for other uses. I used a Black Forest ham and bought several more when they were on sale and put them in the freezer for use later this year.
Great taste! I recieved a "Fletcher's" brand Black Forest Ham as a gift...and found that it was completely encased in a black casing that is edible...but very unattractive. I "peeled" the casing off with a vegetable peeler, and then followed this recipe. Fantastic flavor, aroma, and color. Thanks for posting...this will be a repeat!
see 8 more reviews