Recipe by Dotty2
Freeze ribs right in the marinade to take along to the cottage or those guests expected in a few days So easy to make and such a wonderful flavor. This recipe came from a Canadian living magazine a number of years ago and I have been making them ever since. I so often have a bag made up at the cottage for those unexpected guests or those hot summer days when you just don't feel like cooking. They can also be served as a appetizer.
- 3 lbs pork ribs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- trim fat from ribs. cut into single ribs.
- place in large pot and cover with cold water. bring to a boil and skim off foam. reduce heat,cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until ribs are fork tender. drain well and refrigerate until ribs are cooled.
- In a large resealable freezer bag or large bowl combine ketchup,honey,vinegar,worcestershire sauce,mustard and garlic,whisking until blended.
- add ribs turning to coat. seal bag and marinade in fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours (bag can be flattened and frozen for up to 2 weeks, thaw in fridge overnight).
- Reserving sauce in bag, place ribs on greased grill over medium high heat. cook brushing often with reserved sauce and turning once, cook 10 yo 15 mins,or until browned, Watch carefully as they brown quickly. prep time does not include standing time.