Recipe by Nyteglori
Having a party and need alot of cake? This is a yummy fudgy cake made with honey for an extra special flavor. You will need to mix this is a bowl that can easily hold a gallon. You can use a big stockpot for this and use a drill with your beater in it for a mixer. Cooking time includes a cool-down time for the cake.
Top Review by katew
I made a scaled down version of this after contacting Nyteglori - she was kind enough to zmail me with a scaled down version - that kindness in itself deserves 5 stars !!! It is very easy to do and it has nearly all been eaten. DD frosted it with canned frosting but luckily I tried it before this happened when it was fresh out of the oven !! I think it is best served with whipped cream but frosting is good too . Thanks to Nyteglori for posting
- 2 lbs flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 cups butter
- 5 cups honey
- 6 large eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add honey while continuing to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Combine water and vanilla and add to creamed mixture alternating with flour mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured baking pans. This will fit into one 18x26x1 inch pan. You can use smaller pans (four 9x13).
- Bake at 325 fro 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut cake into pieces 12 x 8. (or 6 x 4 for the 9x13 pans).