Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are also good made with pecans instead of raisins.
- 2 dozen prepared tart shells
- 500 ml boiling water
- 300 ml raisins
- 75 ml soft butter
- 175 ml brown sugar
- 175 ml honey
- 1 ml salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 5 ml vanilla
- 5 ml vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over raisins and let stand 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry and set aside.
- Cream together: butter, sugar, salt and honey.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla and vinegar.
- Sprinkle 10 ml raisins into each tart shell.
- Pour in filling over until shells are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until pastry is golden.