Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy little bunt cake. Great with a sprinkling of icing sugar or a honey glaze.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beat in honey.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Blend into creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Turn batter into a greased 9 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely.