Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just a simple side dish... I love this with rice - the sauce is great!
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into rounds
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix vinegar, honey, and chicken stock in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet; once hot, saute garlic until fragrant (30sec - 1 min).
- Add carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar mixture and let carrots cook in the sauce for a few minutes until it has reduced to a slightly sticky glaze.
- Sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
Very good recipe. My husband commented that eating this meal feels healthy because of the fact that its not oily and vegetarian. the portion of the ingredients is balance enough not to let one or the other overtake the taste. the taste of balsamic vinegar is not as strong as chinese black vinegar and the honey is also not so sweet at the end. while the taste of the garlic still exist after simmered in the sauce. I have the carrot simmer in low heat for 25-30mins so that it is still crunchy with the sauce so that the taste of the sauce can be absorbed into the carrot. Remember to slice the carrot really really thin as +- 3-5mm. Will definitely make again in the future. Thanks.
What a wonderful surprise this carrot recipe was. Made it for Easter to go with a roast pork and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. I may try fig balsamic next time but the recipe is perfect just the way it is. Enjoyed the crunch of the carrot that remained even after the sauce thicken. We will be making this one again and again.