Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for holiday dinner and got the thumbs up. Easy and yummy. Adapted from
- 6 bone-in chicken breasts (if large, I cut them in half) or 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 177.44 ml honey
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic powder and pepper. Stir. Refrigerate for one hour or the day before for easy preparation for busy parents!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or cover with foil.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and place in prepared pan.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 1 hour until slightly browned.
- Pour extra liquids from pan in gravy bowl to serve along side.
This chicken has really great flavor. I mixed up the marinade and then immediately poured it over the chicken and refrigerated for about an hour before cooking. I used bone-in thighs and put the glass casserole into a non-preheated oven since it came straight from the fridge, but since they were thighs the cooking time was spot on. I also used 1 tsp of fresh jar minced garlic instead of powder....which I highly recommend. The honey, soy, garlic combination is really great...I'll make it again.
I made this with domestic rabbit. Very tasty. Kids liked it. Cooked low and slow - 325 for 90 minutes, covered. Made for Best of 2014 tag game.
Excellent! Going into my best-of-the-best file. This was sooooo easy to throw together and put into the oven. I used a combination of chicken legs and wings, so I reduced the cooking time to about 45 minutes. The flavor is wonderful and the chicken is fall-off-the-bone tender. Yummy and easy!! Made for the 2014 spring Pick A Chef event in the contest and event forum.