Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my winter recipes. It bakes for an hour, and I won't use my oven that long in the summer (too hot).
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and shake or blend until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, place chicken pieces skin-side down. Pour the honey sauce over the chicken and rotate pieces to coat completely. Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Line the bottom of a large broiler pan with foil to catch drippings.
- Remove chicken from sauce and place skin side down in pan on rack. Baste chicken with honey sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn chicken and baste again with honey sauce. Bake 30 minutes more or until done. If chicken browns too fast, cover with foil.
This is EXCELLENT! I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead, though. It's on our "make again" list!
This is so very good! I was hesitant to try because of the orange juice (not a fan of fruit flavors mixed with things) but you can't tell with the mixture of everything that makes the sauce! It's such a wonderful flavor, kind of a bbq almost ~ I wish I'd made more so I could use the leftovers for something! :) The recipe says 2 1/2 pounds of chicken pieces, but I made 2 breasts only and just discarded the leftover sauce. Mine was done in about 45 minutes as well, so would keep an eye on it baking at this temp. Served with some yellow saffron rice and green beans and dinner was delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe mailbelle, this will definitely get made here again! :)