Recipe by Boomette
A recipe that comes from the magazine of Ricardo.
Top Review by Teresa28
Very tasty recipe. I used 1 pound of shrimp & doubled the sauce. I added sliced peppers & mushrooms to the onions & used 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes, next time I will use more because I like spicy. I thought that doubling the sauce made a little too much but I would rather have too much than not enough, especially since the sauce was good enough to eat on its own.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- chili pepper flakes, to the taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, shelled (with or without tail)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, brown the onion in butter. Add garlic, honey, lime juice, soy sauce and peppers flakes. Let reduce until the mixture is caramelized. Pour half of this mixture in a bowl.
- Add half the shrimps and sesame seeds in the frying pan. Salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes at high high without stirring.
- Stir and keep on cooking 1 to 2 minutes at high heat. Add chives. Set aside at a place that is hot to keep it hot.
- Wash the frying pan. Heat the remaining mixture of onions (you did first) at high heat. Add the remaining shrimps and repeat the same steps for the cooking method.
- You can adjust the seasonning. Serve on rice.