Recipe by brunettebaker
Great, sweeter version of banana bread from Central America.Had to make this for an elementary school presentation and all of the kids loved it. Nice and moist bread. Got from http://www.roatanonline.com/caribbean_recipes.htm. The recipe also calls for pecans and a lime/rum icing, but i omitted both of these. For the original recipe, visit the above link
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Beat margarine and Neufchatel cheese at med. speed in mixer; add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg, beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir well.
- Combine banana, milk and vanilla; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture; mix after each addition. Stir in coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!