1/1 Photo of Hommus (Arabic Dip)
Hommus is very simple but also very tasty,nourishing,delicious recipe. Hommus is very popular in the Middle East and also in the west. Hommus is healthy vegetarian dish and is an excellent source of fiber. Hommus is great with Arabic (Pita) Bread or Pita Chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini (100% ground hulled sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup water or 1 cup juice, from garbanzo can
- 1 dash paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts (Pignoli nuts) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Boil garbanzo beans for 5 minutes on medium heat, Drain (reserving liquid).
- 2Place garbanzo beans, sesame Tahine, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt, and water(or liquid from garbanzo) in food processor. Blend for about 20 seconds to make a smooth and creamy dip.
- 3you can add more salt or lemon juice if desired. Also heat pignoli nuts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir fry until light brown.
- 4Place Hommus in a large flat serving plate and garinsh with chopped parsley, pignoli nuts, radish, and paprika.
- 5cover hommus with 2 tbs. of olive oil.
- 6Ready to serve. Hommus is best when served cold. Its great with Arabic (Pita) bread or Pita Chips.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hommus (Arabic Dip)
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2361.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g