Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hommus is very simple but also very tasty,nourishing,delicious recipe. Hommus is very popular in the Middle East and also in the west. Hommus is healthy vegetarian dish and is an excellent source of fiber. Hommus is great with Arabic (Pita) Bread or Pita Chips.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup sesame tahini (100% ground hulled sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup water or 1 cup juice, from garbanzo can
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons pine nuts (Pignoli nuts) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Boil garbanzo beans for 5 minutes on medium heat, Drain (reserving liquid).
- Place garbanzo beans, sesame Tahine, lemon juice, crushed garlic, salt, and water(or liquid from garbanzo) in food processor. Blend for about 20 seconds to make a smooth and creamy dip.
- you can add more salt or lemon juice if desired. Also heat pignoli nuts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir fry until light brown.
- Place Hommus in a large flat serving plate and garinsh with chopped parsley, pignoli nuts, radish, and paprika.
- cover hommus with 2 tbs. of olive oil.
- Ready to serve. Hommus is best when served cold. Its great with Arabic (Pita) bread or Pita Chips.
Very very good.
Hands-down the best hommus I've ever made, or TASTED... that's saying a lot, as my husband is Arab and I have tried a lot of it. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
I made a half recipe today and that would be enough for 4-6 people! Very nice hummus and easy to make.