Recipe by Chef Skyla
My family has used this recipe for years. I don't know where it came from, but it's the only way I'll eat hominy.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Ro-tel)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese (Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp in a large frying pan.
- Remove bacon from the pan, but leave the drippings. Add onions and peppers and saute in bacon drippings, until tender.
- Add hominy, tomatoes, and soup. Stir over medium heat until well blended.
- Simmer mixture on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut up cheese into small cubes and add to the hot mixture. Continue to stir over low heat until all the cheese is melted.
- Crumble bacon and add to mixture and simmer for another 2 minutes.