Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is a Eastern European favorite. It uses ketchup in place of tomato sauce, the potatoes and mushrooms are common to the region.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large leek, chopped (white part only)
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups medium no yolk noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, leek, and carrots.
- Cook,stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, potato, dill weed, paprika, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles, cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in ketchug and add salt and pepper to taste.