Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is absolutely the best macaroni salad. It has a touch of hot pepper, and a delicious dressing.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook macaroni acc to pkg directions.
- Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in lg bowl.
- Add cooked macaroni.
- Toss to coat well.
Inez, this was so yummy. I followed the recipe exactly and thought it was very well seasoned. I liked the little bit of heat from the jalapeno and cayenne. Just right for us. This was very easy to make which you know is important to me. I made this for our family picnic. Just put it in an ice chest and off to the park. Thanks dear, you recipes are loved by us.
I thought this was pretty good, but I guess I like a bit more vegies. The next time I make it (and I probably will), I'll increase the amount of bell pepper, celery and even jalapenos. I'd also add some salt. Basically, though, this was good, and I like the dressing a lot as an all-purpose, relatively low-cal dressing for pasta salads.
Love this macaroni salad!! I'm a huge fan of macaroni salad and this one is a winner. Just the right amount of heat to make it spicy and extremely creamy with the buttermilk. Thanks!