The Best Macaroni Salad
- Ready In:
- 450 g elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (optional)
- Boil macaroni and once cooked pour into large bowl.
- Add cucumbers, green peppers, relish and onions, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, salt and black pepper. (Double sauce mixture for it to be more creamy, I always do).
- Pour mixture over cooked macaronie and mix well.
- Add chopped hard boil egg to macaronie and mix delicately (if desired).
- Let refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- (You can also spread black pepper on the top before refrigerating, adds more flavor).
- To serve decorate with slices of green peppers (as many as desired).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of 1 daughter and enjoy to cook for my family. The best part that I love about cooking is the results and the reactions I get from the recipes. I love to cook and have someone just absolutely enjoy the meal. That is the best satisfaction a cook can have. I love to cook meals and desserts.