Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
To serve as a dessert, just add vanilla ice cream. Awesome recipe!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- whipped cream
- Place strawberries and 3 tablespoons sugar in food processor, cover and pulse just until coarsely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, milk and oil and stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Preheat waffle iron, fill and bake according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve with strawberry topping and whipped cream.
These are very good waffles. My DH loves that they have sour cream in them. They were very moist. Will be using this recipe a lot. Thanks for posting.
This is such a wonderful recipe!!! I made them without strawberries as I didn't have any. I topped them with blueberries I picked and froze myself and syrup. These were the best waffles I have had in years!!!!! They were moist, fluffy, and slightly sweet without syrup, Such a pleasant way to start the morning!!! No more bisquick mix for me!!
Nice simple recipe. My family loved the flavor and they were soft and fluffy on the insids. I put half the strawberries in our magic bullet and left the other half chopped and it made a wonderful sauce for the top!