Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
an addictive Thai condiment !
Make and share this Homemade Sweet Chilli Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Place chillies, onions and garlic in food processor.
- Process to rough textured paste.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add chilli mixture.
- Cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes till soft but not browned.
- Add sugar and vinegar, bring to the boil.
- Stir till sugar dissolves.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes till it is reduced and syrupy.
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
- Pour into clean glass bottles, seal tightly.
I kind of eyeballed the ingrdients and used rice vinegar. Sweet and hot, so good! I had some with rice and stir fry and loved it. I have a small jar to play with(I did scale the recipe down). Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 for the Hot Stuff team.