Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I believe I got this from the Tightwad Gazette. Made this many times and my guys always clean out the dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup raw rice
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Brown onion and beef in large skillet.
- Drain and rinse to remove all fat, if desired.
- Brown rice and spaghetti in margarine.
- Add beef, onion and broth to rice mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice and spaghetti are fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
not bad! i had cooked rice on hand, so i waited to add it (and reduced the cooking time by half). it was good!