Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe from my Alberta cookbook.
- Mix these ingredients together and store in tight container until ready to use.
- use 1 1/2 cups of this mixture.
- 1 egg slightly beaten, 1 cup water and 3 tbsp oil.
- Mix well and pour on hot griddle that has been lightly oiled.
- I am not sure how many this will make so I am going to start with a yield of 20, may be more or less.
Overall a good recipe. I did use 1/2 WW Flour and 1/2 all purpose and substituted the Sugar with Splenda and it worked well. I also added 1 tablespoon of almond extract powder. I will try vanilla next time. I just didn't have any on hand. Thanks for posting.
Love this recipe. I have been using it for years.. literally! (about 8 years) I only use 1 1/2 cups powdered milk though. My kids really like these over any of the store bought brands.. and I have tried a lot of them.. But mostly use this recipe exactly as it says. It is a keeper! Every time I make pancakes, I use 2 cups of the mix and that makes about 16-20 pancakes, depending on size. Plenty for a purely pancake breakfast.. as well as for making waffles with!
This is the first time I've made pancakes that were actually good! They were light and fluffy and my family loved them. Thanks for sharing this recipe.