Best Ever Pancake/Waffle Batter
This recipe is from my aunt and it is truly the best pancake/waffle batter that I've had. If using salted butter, cut the salt. For other variations, add grated apple with cinnamon, a mashed banana, blueberries, pecans or walnuts, chocolate chips, pumpkin, or whatever your imagination comes up with. May use flavored yogurt in place of plain yogurt.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk or 1 1/4 cups substitute 1/2 cup yogurt and 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, let sit for a minute or two and gently mix again.
- Fry on lightly greased griddle or in waffle maker.
- Serve with Maple Syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were very good. My only regret is not adding the salt to the batter, because I thought that the baking powder and soda has enough of it. However they were tasty, especially because of the chocolate chips I added. Mrs. Butterworth's original syrup is delicious with it. Thank you for this recipe.Reply