Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great tasting soup and not much work.
- 1 package baby portabella mushrooms (or whatever you like)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour or 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, to thicken
- Cut up mushrooms however you like (I just sliced them and it was fine, you could even buy the mushroom presliced) Melt butter in a medium saucepan and cook onions to soften.
- Add mushrooms and cook about 2 or 3 minutes just to extract a little flavor.
- Add the milk, water, wine and flour.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the soup boils.
- You want to heat it slowly to avoid burning the milk.
- Once the soup reached a boil, I turned the heat down to simmer and let the soup simmer a little to thicken it more and concentrate the flavors, but that is optional.