1/1 Photo of Homemade Meatballs
Use them to top spaghetti or to stuff inside rolls for meatball sub sandwiches! Source: RecipeGirl.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In a large bowl, combine the meat, garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, a couple of grinds of pepper and a splash of milk. Mix together well with clean hands. Roll into 24 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place the baking sheet with the meatballs into the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to firm them up slightly.
- 22. To brown the meatballs, heat a couple of swirls of olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) in a heavy pot or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, turning to brown all sides. They do not need to be cooked through.
- 33. Add the meatballs and marinara sauce to a large pot and stir gently. Heat over medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times during simmering.
- 44. Serve meatballs and marinara over noodles or stuffed into rolls with melted mozzarella cheese.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (2547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 384.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: