1/3 Photos of Homemade Marshmallows (No Corn Syrup)
I don't remember where I came across this recipe. I'm collecting corn syrup-free recipes (my daughter can't tolerate it) and this is one of the first marshmallow recipes I found.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dust an 8- or 9-inch square pan with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, soak gelatin in 8 tbsp cold water. Set aside.
- 3Combine granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a large heavy saucepan.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- 5Add gelatin and bring to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat. Pour into a large mixing bowl and let stand until partially cool.
- 7Add salt and vanilla extract.
- 8Beat with an electric mixer until soft and double in volume. About 10-15 minutes.
- 9Pour into prepared pan to about 1/2 inch thick.
- 10Set to cool until it will not stick to your finger.
- 11Cut into 1.5 inch pieces and roll in powdered sugar.
- 12Variation: toasted coconut can be substituted for powdered sugar.
- 13Variation: other flavorings can be substituted for vanilla extract.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Marshmallows (No Corn Syrup)
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g