12 hrs 25 mins
These are very easy to make, must wait the full 12 hours...and they are delicious drizzled with chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 3 tablespoons of gelatin with 1/2 cup cold water and let stand for an hour.
- 2In the meantime, heat 2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup light corn syrup, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 3Bring it to a boil and cook until the firm-ball stage (244³F, 117³F).
- 4Remove from the heat and pour it slowly over the gelatin, beating it constantly in a stand mixer.
- 5Beat it for a good 15 minutes.
- 6When it's thick but still warm, add 2 tablespoons of vanilla or other flavoring (mint, strawberry, orange, flower water, etc), if desired.
- 7Spread the mixture in a pan that has been lightly dusted with cornstarch.
- 8Let it dry for 12 hours, then cut into squares with scissors dusted with cornstarch, and store them in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g