Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for a low calorie meal or snack with the right balance of Carbs, fats, and protein. Good for those on Body for Life or other eating programs with 5 to 6 meals per day.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place first 3 ingredients in oven on cookie sheet to toast for 15 minutes.
- While they are toasting mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Let oats and nuts cool after toasting for 10 minutes.
- While oats and nuts are cooling, take a glass rectangular baking dish and place a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom and coat dish with oil.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl well, and spoon into baking dish, making sure to press down into a smooth, flat layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes. let cool for 5 minutes, cut along sides with knife to loosen from pan, and then turn pan over onto a cutting board. cut into 12 individual bars. these will harden some when they cool.