Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my work place cookbook.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded cooked potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, as desired
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Leave drippings in skillet; drain bacon and crumble.
- Mix next 3 ingredients; put into skillet. Cover over low heat until underside is crisp and brown.
- Blend eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Cover; cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Loosen omelet.
- Serve in wedges.
Yum! The adults liked it, the kids not so much! I didn't have any peppers, so I left those out, but I mostly followed everything else. I used fresh eggs from my mom, and they were not all large eggs, so I upped it to 6 eggs, it worked well for me. I hope the left-overs are as good as the original since that's what I'm taking for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for a great use of all the eggs we've got!
WOW! This was great! I had this for dinner with a salad, and it was fantastic! thanks for the idea!
Excellent Tasty omelet. I cut the recipe back to two eggs, used leftover oven fries for the potatoes and mixed colored peppers. I didn't add the peppers until just before adding the eggs. Took 6 minutes to cook. The bottom was golden and the eggs on top were done. Thanks gwynn For a lovely brunch