Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe comes from a Cooking with Paula Deen magazine. It's a refreshing dessert and perfect on a hot Texas summer night! (The cooking time includes 4 hours of chilling time and the additional 30 minutes is an estimate for freezing in your ice cream maker.)
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 2 quarts milk (up to 2 quarts, as needed)
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine half-and half and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook for 20 minutes over low heat (do not boil).
- Remove cinnamon sticks and chill milk for 4 hours.
- With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high speed, until soft peaks form.
- Add the chilled sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add chilled half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into the canister for a 4-6 quart ice cream freezer. Add milk, if needed, to fill the canister to the freeze line.
- Freeze according to the ice cream maker's manufacturer's directions.