Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network. It's a Tyler's Ultimate recipe.
- 5 pickling cucumbers (about 4 inches long)
- 4 slice fresh horseradish, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 sprig fresh dill weed
- 236.59 ml white vinegar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml water
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 29.58 ml pickling spices
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 946.0 ml mason jar, sterilized by boiling in water
- Wash cucumbers, slice into 1/4-inch thick rounds, and place in a heated, sterilized mason jar with horseradish and fresh dill weed.
- Set a large pot over medium heat and add vinegar, sugar, water, garlic and pickling spices. Bring the brine to a boil then pour over cucumbers and horseradish in still-hot mason jar and seal lid. Allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating. You can serve once chilled, but for best flavor serve after the pickles have been left overnight.