Recipe by Kirra
I've been making bread for about 30 years now and this recipe is perfect for making in a bread machine. You'll never want to eat bought bread again. It also makes perfect toast.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
A good, basic light whole wheat bread. I didn't know what bread improver was so I guessed. Is it wheat gluten? Because that is what I used. Also the ratio of 2 cups white flour to 1 cup whole wheat worked well for me. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 350 g bread flour or 350 g white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread improver (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to the bread making machine in the order listed.
- Turn on machine.
- Select 500g or 1 pound setting and the machine will do the rest.
- Turn out on to a cooling rack as soon as the machine stops.
- NB: Adding bread improver gives the bread a lighter texture.
- Metric measurements are used.
- 1 tablespoon = 4 teaspoons or 20ml.
- 1 cup = 250ml.