Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've been making bread for about 30 years now and this recipe is perfect for making in a bread machine. You'll never want to eat bought bread again. It also makes perfect toast.
- Add ingredients to the bread making machine in the order listed.
- Turn on machine.
- Select 500g or 1 pound setting and the machine will do the rest.
- Turn out on to a cooling rack as soon as the machine stops.
- NB: Adding bread improver gives the bread a lighter texture.
- Metric measurements are used.
- 1 tablespoon = 4 teaspoons or 20ml.
- 1 cup = 250ml.
A good, basic light whole wheat bread. I didn't know what bread improver was so I guessed. Is it wheat gluten? Because that is what I used. Also the ratio of 2 cups white flour to 1 cup whole wheat worked well for me. Thanks for posting.