Mom's Delicious Homemade Bread
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 5 -6 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine warm water, yeast, oil and honey in a large bowl, let sit for 5 minutes then add the salt and egg. Stir all together.
- Add the flour one cup at a time, stirring together after each cup. Around the 5th cup your dough will begin to come together pulling away from the sides of the bowl and forming a ball.
- Empty the dough onto a clean, floured surface and begin kneading the dough adding a little more flour as it becomes sticky. It should be slightly sticky. Knead for 3-5 minutes until smooth, firm and elastic.
- Set aside to rise until double.
- Divide dough into 2 loaves or 1 loaf and 12 rolls or all rolls if you like. Place in well greased loaf pan or rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Set aside to rise until almost double once more.
- Bake loaves for 25-30 minutes, or rolls for 15 minutes. They should be golden brown on top and bottom when done.
Join The Conversation
I love this bread. I make it all the time and my sister-in-law loves it so much she's started making it too. It's so easy to follow, even for a newbie to bread making. I'd strongly suggest giving this one a try if you're at all nervous about trying to make bread. It's such an awesome bread to help you get confident and be willing to try more complicated types.