I've been making this same recipe for home made biscuits for 40 years, so I could not begin to tell you where the recipe came from. I just know its GOOD
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk all at once and mix till mixture follows fork around bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured board.
- Knead gently for about 1/2 minute.
- Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick.
- Flour rim of glass or biscuit cutter and cut out biscuits.
- Put on (ungreased) cookie sheet and bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes.