1/8 Photos of Homemade Biscuits
Darlene Summers's Note:
I've been making this same recipe for home made biscuits for 40 years, so I could not begin to tell you where the recipe came from. I just know its GOOD
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- 2Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Add milk all at once and mix till mixture follows fork around bowl.
- 4Turn out on lightly floured board.
- 5Knead gently for about 1/2 minute.
- 6Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Flour rim of glass or biscuit cutter and cut out biscuits.
- 8Put on (ungreased) cookie sheet and bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 194.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g